November 18, 2013

Sephora's Favorites- Superstars!!

Hey beauty babes!

I wanted to share my favorite purchase from the Sephora VIB Sale that would make a great gift for the upcoming holidays. First of all, I'd just like to state for the record that Sephora is my weakness. I might as well set up direct deposit because I could literally spend hours (and all of my money) in there. So the fact that they had an event where VIB's (anyone who spends $350 per year at Sephora) received 20% off their entire purchase was just too good to resist! They advertised it as "guilt free indulgence" but I definitely had some residual guilt from the dent I made to my bank account. But... 20% off quickly made the guilt fade away! My favorite score from the sale, by far, was the Sephora's Favorites- Superstars gift set.
Behold the glory!
The set retails for $75 and it really is a jaw dropper. It includes 13 full sized/ deluxe sample sizes of their best selling products and it's close to a $300 value, I couldn't resist! If you're looking for a great gift for the beauty addict in your life, look no further. It's a great way to sample top end brands and the best products they have to offer. Many of these products were items that I've never tried but have been eyeing for quite a while.
To start off, the set includes a full size rollerball perfume of the Viktor and Rolof, Flowerbomb perfume (retails for $25), which I live and die by. It also includes a full size Anatasia clear brow gel which is another staple in my makeup collection. The Two Faced, Better Than False Lashes duo is a fantastic set. It includes a mascara base and then lash extension fibers (aka dust bunnies in a tube). One coat of the mascara, then a coat of the lash extension fibers, and then a final coat of the mascara to seal them in. You can repeat the steps as many times as you'd like and the result are thick, long, luscious lashes. Not a replacement for falsies but pretty darn good for a mascara duo. Another product is the Josie Maran, 100% argan oil (.5 fl oz), which I've been dying to try but couldn't bring myself to buy. Let me just say that this product doesn't disappoint! It leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth and the product absorbs very quickly. I will absolutely be repurchasing it!  The NARS items are a full size lipstick in Dolce Vita, which is a rose/ mauve color, and a deluxe sample size bronzer and blush (2.5 g each) in Laguna and Orgasm. NARS Orgasm blush is a cult classic that is a beautiful peach color with a gold shimmer that works on all skin colors. The Laguna bronzer is the perfect compliment, it's a warm brown that offers buildable coverage great for contouring or adding a sun kissed glow. The Urban Decay eyeshadow duo in Sin and Mushroom are beautiful and unique. Sin is a great neutral tan and Mushroom is a beautiful smoky dark gray, both are in a metallic finish. The last few items are a Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Cleopatra in New York which is an opaque black with multiple sizes of gold glitter. Personally this would not be an every day polish but I think it would be great for holiday events. Next is Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream in Light. It offers an SPF 35 plus oil control and hydration. It gives a very light coverage so I use it under my foundation or alone on days I want a very natural look. One of my favorite products of the kit is the Bumble and Bumble, Surf Spray. I have naturally wavy hair so this product is right up my alley. You can spray it on right after you've towel dried your hair and use a diffuser to create beachy, windswept waves without any drying/ crunchy feeling. You can also use it on dry hair as pick me up during the day to add texture and wave, this is another product I will be repurchasing. One of the last two products is a Stila, Stay All Day waterproof liquid eyeliner in intense black. If you're looking for an opaque, rich black color, that doesn't crack or transfer all day. The felt tip offers precision control and isn't rigid or hard like some other brands (meaning you won't poke your eye out). This is a fool proof product and is great for beginners as well as masters of the craft. The final product is GinZing by Origins which is an eye cream that brightens and reduces puffiness. The eye cream is a champagne color, which helps counteract any darkness around the eye, and it's very refreshing. This is a great base product to use in the morning before you apply your makeup. 

Everyone oooh and ahhh with me!
All and all not only is this an incredible deal but the products are amazing! This would be a great gift for any lucky lady or a great treat for yourself. Sephora is still carrying this set (in stores and online) but I wouldn't hold off for long because this will be sold out in a heartbeat! If you end up picking this up let me know what you think and what your favorite products are!!!

Stay beautiful!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment